Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'04 Stratus Sedan Antenna Replacement/Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM
ModernDayCaesar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Stratus Sedan Antenna Replacement/Upgrade

Hey guys, (First Thread)

Over the years.. I've noticed that my local radio stations are getting fuzzier and I've been receiving alot of static. These are stations that are broadcasted approximately 30-40 miles away and at one point came in crystal clear.

I assuming I'm needing a replacement or upgraded antenna being as though mine is stock. I've been looking online and have been favoring the billet aluminum (black) antenna. But I would like some feedback from members that have possibly been in my same situation..

I want an antenna with a 'longer than stock' range and is sexier than the plain stock one. But I can deal with the stock look if that will extend my range the best.

Thanks in Advance guys

Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago, I purchased an "inside" antenna for my old car (the antenna mount fell off the car). I got it at radio shack, and it had a built in amplifier (needed power). Stations that were somewhat out of range were picked up by it nicely. It looked like a T. If your ambitious enough, or need to do body work around where the antenna is anyways, you can remove the old mount and fill in the opening. The amplified antenna can be hidden up behind the radio, or for best reception up behind the rear view mirror.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12044UA...a.html?tp=3449
Is very similar to the one that I had...

Quick Reply: '04 Stratus Sedan Antenna Replacement/Upgrade