Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

stratus brake issues and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 AM
carhatesme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stratus brake issues and other problems

Out of the blue i started having brake issue with my 96 with 2.4. seems like when i go to break im only getting stopping power at the front left wheel. i have noticed a leak but dont know where to look, where do i start? is it possible i just have a leak in a line, part went bad, ect? where do i start to look?

besides that problem my odometer and gauge that shows RPM's works when it wants to. they will not work at all but i will look up when im driving and they will be working fine but if i turn the car off i can no longer see which gear in in, miles on the car,or what RPM in at.

then on top of those issues my horn and radio stopped working out of the blue. this car hates me! any help is appreciated, thanks!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:31 AM
ratsttam
Captain

I would check the master cylinder for the brakes, and also check that no brake lines are crushed/crimped/corroded. If you're not mechanically inclined, brakes are one thing that I personally recommend is left to the experts (changing pads/shoes as the exception here). It's one thing to make a mistake and realize the car won't go, it's quite another to make a mistake and realize you can't stop the car...

As far as your electrical issues, I would check all the fuses, and then get a factory service manual or the wiring schematic. Check wire ends, make sure that there are no exposed wires (worn insulation).

Old 02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
carhatesme

im good at working on things so checking and fixing the brakes shouldnnt be an issuse. how do i check the master cylinder? is there a group of lines running under the carand in what location do i look for the lines?

Quick Reply: stratus brake issues and other problems