Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Replace Headlamp Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 PM
marqis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Headlamp Assembly

Hello I have a 2002 Stratus and I'm wondering how hard is it to replace the headlamps. They have gotten yellow over the years and wanted to buy replacement headlamps. Can this be easily done. Thanks. I'm sorry it is a sedan.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, it can be easily done, i think only 2 8mm bolt holding it on the top.
But the problem is, New head lamp assy is way too expensive for what it's worth. You can try a Headlamp restorer Kit. Tho you might have to do it 2 or 3 times to see good improvement.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
ModernDayCaesar
Rookie

Slight correction.. two 7mm bolts.

I agree with steak59, you should attempt to fix them yourself first. All you need is a few different grits of sand paper, acrylic lacquer or a clear coat of some sort and some rubbing/polishing compound. All products can be found at Advance Auto or Autozone.

If you're not a do-it-yourself kinda guy then I suggest checking out your local salvage/junk yard before ordering from the dealer or online. You could probly score a set for 50 bucks instead of paying a dealer approximately $100 for each. If you got the sedan model then the assembly from the sebring will fit as well.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Plasma

try some whitening toothpaste on a buffer attachment for drill
i had yellowing plastic lens, and taped em off and put a bit on lens and using a drill and slight pressure ( could user your own arm and strength) and basically polished them.

they became clear and vastly improved. i did buy some sealer from auto store and put that on as well.

worked very very good.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
OldDocX

I was able to get one for $30 from RockAuto.com. That site is probably the best parts site there is. Never ever go to the dealer for this....

Quick Reply: Replace Headlamp Assembly