Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Looking to buy a 96 breeze, but have a question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a 96 breeze, but have a question

I'm looking at a 96 breeze 2.0 with 95000 miles, but I'm a little concerned about one thing the owner said, and I quote,

"The bad, car runs on the hot side at times, i have driven this car for 3 years now. I have drove it to and from work and school as my daily the entire time. Normal city driving the car has ran a lil hot but never over heated, i took a 2.5 hour road trip recently and on the freeway the entire time it was fine, once i got off the freeway it got really hot, thats the only time i had an issue with it."

Any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks Guys!

Joe

Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be that your radiator is marginal. It wasn't designed that way, but build up over the years has decreased the coolant flow. A good reverse flus or pressure flush should solve the problem. If you turn the heater on when the engine gets hot, and the temperature significantly decreases you know your radiator is marginal. The heater adds another small radiator. When you are on the highway forced air flow thru the radiator is at a max. The water pump is also at its max. When you leave the highway you loose max output of both, and the engine normally runs hotter. Modern cars with well functioning cooling system handle that situation with ease.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a 96 breeze, but have a question