Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Misfire Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Wolf1989
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire Issue

Got a mechanic question. On the 4th cylinder head, my spark plug is sitting higher than the rest of the others. When u take it out n look at it, looks like a socket that belongs in the cylinder, but it's not flushed down like the rest of them. The wire is sitting higher than the rest above the valve cover and it's tighter than all hell n wont move, any ideas?

I ran a fuel line pressure test and it looked fine. Also ran a test in each cylinder and the pressure was fine. Fuel pump is still turning on and working, but it might be intermittent, not sure. Car drives like it has a misfire as if it's going to stall out when I'm not over 2500 rpms.

BACKGROUND INFO OF INCIDENT:

Today I felt like I was running out of gas since the car was trembling (gas gauge is about an 1/8 of a tank off) so I go to get gas. I put gas in the car and it misfires for 3-5 secs and then shuts off. I tried to start and it did the same thing a bout 5 times. So I tow it back to my place and turn it over and it chugs along till it actually runs. I've checked the fuel line pressure and pressure in each cylinder as mentioned earlier and it all checked out w/in proper ranges. The coil, wires, and plugs all seem fine besides that one wire sticking out. Car is running pretty bad right now, but drive-able. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Wolf1989
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it out, I had no idea what that piece is still, but I tightened a spark plug really tight and then took it out and I pulled the metal piece as well. Then I just replaced the spark plug and presto, no more misfire.

Quick Reply: Misfire Issue