Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Camshaft position sensor.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
MachMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft position sensor.

Yes, I'm new and yes, I did a search, but didn't find anything for an '04 specifically and I don't know if there's a difference or not because I'll admit that I know diddly about these cars. My project car is the Ford in the signature.

I've got the CEL light which read something along the lines of a camshaft position sensor. So, I bought a new sensor and went to where I had read on this forum that the sensor is supposedly at. That being on the passenger side underneath the radiator hose. It was one bolt like the replacement looks like. I got the bolt out (which was fun with my fat fingers btw) and tried to get the sensor off. Well the stupid thing won't budge and the more I look at it, the less I think it's actually the right sensor. So before I remove something that shouldn't be removed, can anyone verify that is the correct one? Anyone have a picture of WHERE the camshaft position sensor is for a 2004 2.7 Stratus?

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
MachMan

The first sensor on this page is the same sensor I purchased. I can't get a great look at the sensor that's in the car, but I swear it looks different even though the position of the harness connector and bolt is the same.

http://www.familycar.com/autoparts/d...on_sensor.html

Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 AM
BillS
Captain

hope this helps

Old 06-01-2011, 03:55 PM
MachMan

Originally Posted by BillS
hope this helps
No, it doesn't. I don't see a sensor on there at all. In fact, I'm even more confused now.

edit: Everytime I reload this page, it's a different picture. What in the world?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:44 AM
BillS
Captain

i don't know where that came from, i'll try and sending it in a private message to you when i posted it the diagram showed up

Old 06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
MachMan

Thanks for e-mailing me the picture. I'm removing the correct sensor. It's just a pain to get out of the head. It might as well be welded in there lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camshaft position sensor.