Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Infinity amp trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Dealz4real
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Infinity amp trouble?

I recently installed a new sony cd player in my 02 Stratus RT with an infinity amp. Now my drivers side woofer is dead. The tweeter on the sail panel is still playing but the door speaker is dead. Tried installing a new speaker but still had no sound. Now that I think about it.. I probably never had sound from that speaker with the factory player. Based on other posts I"v read sounds like people have had trouble with the Infinity factory amp. Do you think I should buy a junk yard amp hoping that will fix it or just pay my local car audio shop $$$ to bi-pass it with new components? Does anyone have experience with this?? Thanks.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 AM
2000ws9

Ahhh yes from what i understand the infinity amps are becoming more known to be problem stricken.I actually experienced the same symptoms in my stratus well long story short it would cutout the passenger sometimes and others it would be fine,there was the few timesit would pop and crack through the speaker and eventually cut out.to fix the issue i went to a local (u-pull it) yard and pulled 3 of them for like 20-30 bucks and it fixed the problem for a few weeks but the problem came back so this time i bought a kenwood amp and jbl speakers and an eclipse head unit with 2 12's in the trunk that was almost a year and a half ago.hope this helps.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Dealz4real

Sounds like you may have had a wiring issue, bad wire connection somewhere.. I'm wondering what the probability is of getting another bad amp from a junk yard is. I see them on the web for around $120 "tested".

Quick Reply: Infinity amp trouble?