Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

97 Stratus Wiper Fluid Reservoir Replacing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
jungalist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Stratus Wiper Fluid Reservoir Replacing?

My Windshield washer fluid tank sprung a leak and I need to replace it, or at least get it out to have a look. I had a go at it once and took the front wheel off to go in through the fender area. I removed a couple of bolts (all I could see) but there was still something holding. Do I need to come in from the front side as well (remove bumper or something) or should I have just stuck it out a bit longer from the wheel well side?

Any tips are appreciated - thanks in advance!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 AM
classicfan1
Rookie

I have a 1998 and I am on the hunt for the correct wiper pump and had to do what you have to do. There are two or three bolts. Been awhile, but I remember being in you're situation. I had to loosen part of the bumper and stick my hand and ratchet through the opening and there is a hidden bolt up on the support.

Mine sprung a leak as well, but thats from the bad pump which also had a bad seal.

I can try to get pics to help. But I can help you, I've been there, its just been a few months since I've torn into it.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my pump on a 2002 stratus. If you remove the head light you can get rite at it...

Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 PM
jungalist

Thanks guys, I'll give it a hot this weekend

Quick Reply: 97 Stratus Wiper Fluid Reservoir Replacing?