Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

It Growls!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 AM
redeyesgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question It Growls!

I have recently noticed a growl coming from my right front tire. It goes away when I turn the wheel to the left or go over hilly terrain. I am thinking it may be the barrings. It is causing my car to accelerate slower and I seem to be using more gas. 1998 Stratus. Help, its driving me nuts!!!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redeyesgirl
I have recently noticed a growl coming from my right front tire. It goes away when I turn the wheel to the left or go over hilly terrain. I am thinking it may be the barrings. It is causing my car to accelerate slower and I seem to be using more gas. 1998 Stratus. Help, its driving me nuts!!!
Your symptoms are exact to what I was experiencing when the bearings were going. You may also want to verify that the CV joints are OK, as it could give similar symptoms. If it's the bearing, it's not very expensive, and is the whole hub assembly, so no messy packing and greasing. 3/4" /(1" nut I believe) socket with a 4ft pipe extension will break out the center nut nicely.

Quick Reply: It Growls!