Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Power Side-Mirrors

Old 03-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Vince
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Side-Mirrors

I just bought a 98 Stratus 2.2 through a private deal. No sooner than I get it home than I discover that both R & L power side-mirrors aren't working. Yes, I checked them before I bought the car but not before I picked it up. Let me explain. At my request the former owner removed some remote lighting that I asked be removed. This was done after I thoroughly went over the car. He swears that what he did had no impact on the mirrors. My thought is that possibly he didn't disconnect the battery and unintentionally caused the mirror motors to short.

FYI - The main fuse for the mirrors checks out ok. Do these mirrors make use of 'other' fuses e.g., inline wire fuses? Do the mirror motors have any resets requiring the battery to be disconnected? Does anyone have advice on troubleshooting this problem? It's peculiar that BOTH mirrors don't work; I mean they're dead. This must mean something? Are there any good manuals on troubleshooting these mirrors?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:39 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Power Side-Mirrors

get a copy of the wiring schematic for the mirrors, I'll bet he tapped into a B+ or ground source for the mirrors and broke it removing the other stuff.

Old 03-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Vince
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Side-Mirrors

Thanks Dodgemech for the suggestion. Do you know of any source on the Internet where I can get schematics, or is the Dodge dealer it? Also, what's a B+; is that a wire with power or is it something else? Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Side-Mirrors