Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Radio makes noise when putting drivers window up

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Rocket67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio makes noise when putting drivers window up

2002 Stratus 2.7 SE Sedan

I just replaced the drivers side power window motor and noticed that the radio makes noise when putting the window up or down. It doesn't make noise if one of the other windows goes up and down. I am thinking it's a radio ground issue but not sure. Anyone have this problem?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

Sounds morer like a motor grounding issue. Or a motor that generated armature spark (RFI).

Old 11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Rocket67
Professional

Originally Posted by GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Sounds morer like a motor grounding issue. Or a motor that generated armature spark (RFI).
It's a new motor and it works well. As far as grounding, there are three bolts and they are all clean and tight, the plug is good. I don't know what could be causing it unless it's just the motor itself. I guess I will keep an eye on it but no real issue I guess. Does it on AM way more than FM.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:11 AM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

It is called Radio Frequency Interference (RFI). The radio will pick up any generated RFI. RFI is electrical noise, often generated by some sort of sparking. It used to be a bad problem with RFI generated by spark plugs. You will find that AM radio is more susceptible to RFI than FM radio.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Rocket67
Professional

Originally Posted by GALVANIZEDYANKEE
It is called Radio Frequency Interference (RFI). The radio will pick up any generated RFI. RFI is electrical noise, often generated by some sort of sparking. It used to be a bad problem with RFI generated by spark plugs. You will find that AM radio is more susceptible to RFI than FM radio.
Yeah, I checked it last night and on FM there is no noise at all. Guess its not really a problem. New motor, good ground, everything works. Move on.

Quick Reply: Radio makes noise when putting drivers window up