Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Computer port dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Con_ep
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer port dead?

First off, if this is in the wrong place I apologize. I have a 2000 Stratus ES 2.4L. I just hit the 43,000 mile mark yesterday morning. I've had a problem now for a few months where the check engine light has been on and I can't figure out why because nothing seems wrong. I brought the car to autozone on 3 separate occasions to get it checked and every time they said that something was wrong with the computer because their check engine light testers weren't connecting to the car. (My friend also has one we tried that didn't work with mine either but worked fine with my mom's Neon). First guy said computer was fried. Second guy said he didn't have any idea and the third guy said it could be a fuse somewhere that blew. I looked in the fuse panel and didn't find anything that said computers. I'm not super good with car but I can do pretty basic things and I have friends who are good with cars to help me, but everyone is stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:49 AM
BillS
Captain

this is the right place ,do you have an owners manual to the car that should tell you where the fuse is located. i have an 04 and its fuse #5 power door locks ,probably different on yours 2000 last year of 1st generation stratus, you might have to pull all the fuses out and check each one

Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Look for the fuse labeled ECU. It should be in he fuse box under the hood.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Con_ep

Found the fuse box under the hood, I saw nothing saying ECM. I do have the manual but there was no fuse labeling in it at all.

Quick Reply: Computer port dead?