Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 computer

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
rossco 1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 computer

brand new here. tried the search with no luck. heres my problem, Mec. says i need a computer for my wifes 04 stratus with the 2.4, I found one online (used) for a hundred fifty. I`ve heard even if it has excact same part number it still might not work. anybody have this problem? Dodge wants a thousand for parts an labor. Im poor! LOL Any help would be great. Thank you. Ross

Old 04-26-2012, 05:01 PM
ratsttam
Captain

You can get the cheaper computer. You'll still need to install it, and have a dealer program it to your car. Even with the same part number, these computers will "learn" functions of their hosts, and features like the security immobilizer, if not present on YOUR car, it will still think it's there, and prevent the car from starting for more than a couple seconds. I hate to say it, but it would be best to let a dealer deal with replacing that, although I would call around to some other dodge/chrysler dealers for prices. 1g sounds a little too much IMHO. But I don't know what kind of labor it is to put that in a '04. Getting to the one in my '00 was more than enough of a pain.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM
rossco 1

WEll, this is what the mechanic did, changed crank sensor, cam sensor, new coil pack, wires and plugs, i got a computer from All computers Rebuilders had it flashed with my vin number, we checked the wires between computer and coil and we got juice, but it still is running on only 2 cylnders, (back 2), swiched coil with my sons and still only running on 2. I`m at a loss, did we miss anything? any help would be fantastic
Ross

Quick Reply: 2004 computer