Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Horn Help, PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Richard Hellinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Horn Help, PLEASE!

Hi,

My horn in my 2004 Dodge Stratus is dying. I bought a new one from Autozone, located the horn in the car and removed it successfully. I assumed it would just be a pull and plug situation, but the plug on my original horn doesn't match the one on the replacement I got.

The original seems to have a little module with three prongs, pretty small connection housed in Plastic. The one I got from AutoZone has two flat connections, which are further apart and not housed in anything.

Is this the right part, or did they steer me wrong? I need to get this fixed soon, because my inspection is supposed to be tomorrow.

Thanks for any prompt help!

Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM
deadkenr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sold you a 'Generic' or 'Universal' horn. You should return that horn to them and see if they have one made specifically for your car. If not, check your local junkyard. They probably have one that will bolt right in. Be sure to bring yours with you so they can match it up.

Quick Reply: Horn Help, PLEASE!