Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

stratus vibrates at idle, chugs when driving, and some times dies at idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Landtortise89
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stratus vibrates at idle, chugs when driving, and some times dies at idle

So I just picked up a 97 stratus 2.4 auto, 172k. pretty decent car. other than the following.

the car vibrates or shakes when idling it gets worse than when i put it in gear.

problem number 2 when i was driving it yesterday it would act like it llost fuel or power and slow down i let off the throttle and stepped back into it and all was good. did this like 3 times

third the wifewas driving it today and it wouldn't idle at all it would just die.

the car throws no codes it did have a MAP sensor poor performance code P0106 but it had 2 pretty good vacuum leaks which i fixed reset the code and it's better.

now my buddy has a 99 caravan with the same motor and symptoms and his is throwing a purge valve solenoid code. i know the car has one but I can't locate it to test it or replace it .

anyone else have any other thoughts?

or a location on the purge valve solenoid?

Quick Reply: stratus vibrates at idle, chugs when driving, and some times dies at idle