Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1996 Dodge Stratus No Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
ETrevino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1996 Dodge Stratus No Start

Good Afternoon,
I need some assistance with my vehicle.
Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Stratus 2.4L DOHC
Problem: Car dies when accelerated; now no start.
Mil Codes (via key dance): 12,35,35,33,31,31,34,55.
Parts replaced: Cranckshaft sensor, fuel filter, fuel pump relay, spark plugs and wires, all damaged vacuum hoses, evap purge selonoid.

Ok. Now car will not start unless either ether or carb cleaner is shot to tbi. measured fuel pressure and it says 8 psi. jump fuel pump relay and pressure increases to 40 psi. what could be wrong?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 AM
ETrevino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. now I am receiving the codes 35,35,33,31,31, again. When carb cleaner is shot to tbi t turns. Once you stop putting carb cleaner. Motor tries to stay on. If you press on accelarator is feels like its going tod die. I can hear fuel pump turn on but sometime there is pressure in fuel rail and sometimes none. Pls help. I was checking to see if fuel lines were plugged. I disconnected the quick connects from the fuel rail and from the fuel line under passanger seat. When i blowback to the tank i can hear a gurgling sound and air is being pushed back ti where i'm at. What could this mean?

Last edited by ETrevino; 11-17-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: 1996 Dodge Stratus No Start