Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 Stratus Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013 | 12:49 PM
Lyonsju22
|
Default 98 Stratus Questions

I have a 98 Dodge Stratus with a 2.4. I have replaced many things Water Pump and many other things. I have no heat in my car at all but it does blow but only cold air 100% of the time. I changed the radiator and thermostat just recently and no help. It is not the heater core because it doesn't leak or smell sweet in the car. Since I live in Michigan it gets cold so any ideas would be helpful. I took it into a local shop and they said it was a clogged heater core but with me doing my own research the bottom hose would be cold if it was which it wasn't. I tried unplugging the battery for 10 minutes but that didn't work either. The antifreeze is not low at all. So what else could it be?

Old 01-04-2013 | 10:23 PM
go-part
Former Vendor

Sounds like heat is being generated, but is being blocked and not being able to flow freely. This means the blend door actuator is malfunctioning.

find the IOD fuse on the drive side fuse box it would be the only one that is in a lifted spot unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back it this will make the AC head do a recal of the doors. U will feel the air move all around and go from hot to cold as it does the recall when u start the car back up the radio will also be reset.

Quick Reply: 98 Stratus Questions