Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'06 Stratus SXT starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Tommy3619
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Stratus SXT starting problem

Hello all,

I have a 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT. It has gotten really cold here in southern Arizona as of late, and this is where we start this problem. My wife takes the car to Circle K in the morning before work. She gets there, turns it off and goes in and makes her purchases. Upon coming back out however, the car will not start. There is no nothing. I showed up an hour later and it started right up. I brought it home, turned it off and took it apart. Took and had the battery tested. Sure enough, bad battery. Bought a new one, installed it, and thought everything was good. Next morning, she gets up and it does the exact same thing. I should up an hour later, and it starts right up. Drive it to the local autozone and they put their little machine on it and tell me the battery, alternator, and starter are all good. I drive it around for almost an hour, take it home, turn it off for about 3 minutes and it still starts right up. I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Quick Reply: '06 Stratus SXT starting problem