Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 rt stratus wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM
D Ryan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenyanr1
Also, more problems seem to have come some how. i put the key in and tried to start it and it wouldnt turn over, instead it just made a studdering, clicking noise. Also, when i shifted the car [without it running] in reverse and drive it made a high pitched buzzing noise that would last for almost 3 seconds. HELP NEEDED AND APPRECIATED
You need to check your battery voltage! Needs to be 12.60 volts fully charged!

Clean your battery cables!! Both ends!!!

Where was that buzzing sound coming from? Fuel pump maybe! (3 seconds)

Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 PM
kenyanr1
Amateur

Thanks for that link pealr01. D ryan, i think your right about that buzzing coming from the fuel pump. I scanned my computer for codes and it brought back two codes for the bank 1 02 sensor, a coolant temp code, and a multiple misfire code. i cant seem to get anywhere with the fuel pump relay, so ill start with the plugs, hopefully that will get the car to at least turn over again. my battery isnt a year old and seems fine and the posts as well. i doubt the 02 sensor would cause the car to either abrubtly barely run or keep it from turning over, so we'll see.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
kenyanr1
Amateur

There is one other question i have. I opened that rectangular relay box next to the fuse box under the hood. it has spaces for 7 relays which are labled inside the cover as A-G. I only have relays in E, F, and G. Are the rest supposed to be empty including A, which holds a bigger relay and has an engine identification mark on it?

Old 02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Erin Lucas

Could you tell me what the fix was for this problem, if you found one? 2 years ago i was detailing my car listening to the radio like we all do after about 5 minutes i went to start the car and it wouldnt start so we jumped it and got it to start but following that incident the car would stall out when it was given gas (i have the exact same car 02 stratus rt 3.0 v6 manual trans). not long before that the car got a tune up. Since the problem started we have replaced: maf, egr valve and solenoid, pcv valve, plugs, wires, rotors, vac hoses, battery, timing belt, plugs again because they fried, gaskets, fuel pump, tried a dif ecu, iac is clean and working properly, and we gave it a new water pump. After replacing the timing belt the car stopped stalling out when it was given gas but would die when slowing or stopping (this is where the new battery came in) this was 2 months ago (when I replaced the battery in 09' the car would do the same, die at a stop), so fast forward to 2 weeks ago and finally having the money for a battery NOW THE DAMN CAR WONT START AT ALL!! when we replaced the battery 2 weeks ago it would crank but not start, tried it again yesterday hoping for a miracle and it wouldnt even crank, it almost sounded as if my motor siezed up (not saying it did just the closest sound i could think of). I am at a loss with this damn car, I dont have the ability to buy anything new and im just about out of funds to dump into this one.
thanks for any help you can give me.

Quick Reply: 02 rt stratus wont start