Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

97 Stratus heat problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 PM
D Ryan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Stratus heat problem Hot & Cold not responding

I'm trying to help someone with 97 2door! Here's what is going on!
The heater blower works on all speeds!
The vent locations all respond to what is selected! (windschild, floor ect!)

When the hot & Cold switch is turned you can hear something moving behind the dash but no change in the air temp coming out. I can feel a little heat, but not much!

Anti-freeze is filled to max and is 190 degrees circulating!
Both heater hoses are hot!

I have changed a few blend doors on Fords that were broken in the past, I dont really know where to start looking on the Stratus .

Can anyone help where to start digging into the dash to look for broken control cables, actuaters moters, blend door that covers hot & cold coils!

Is it possable to enter the hot or Cold chamber with the blower moter removed?

Thanks Denny

Last edited by D Ryan; 01-30-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by D Ryan
I'm trying to help someone with 97 2door! Here's what is going on!
The heater blower works on all speeds!
The vent locations all respond to what is selected! (windschild, floor ect!)

When the hot & Cold switch is turned you can hear something moving behind the dash but no change in the air temp coming out. I can feel a little heat, but not much!

Anti-freeze is filled to max and is 190 degrees circulating!
Both heater hoses are hot!

I have changed a few blend doors on Fords that were broken in the past, I dont really know where to start looking on the Stratus .

Can anyone help where to start digging into the dash to look for broken control cables, actuaters moters, blend door that covers hot & cold coils!

Is it possable to enter the hot or Cold chamber with the blower moter removed?

Thanks Denny
Lets get some more information. You say it's a '97 2 door?? The Coupe wasn't made until the 2g '01+ model year.

If you meant 4 door '97 than the blend doors should be fairly easy to access once you remove the lower dash panels.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
D Ryan
Rookie

Originally Posted by ratsttam
Lets get some more information. You say it's a '97 2 door?? The Coupe wasn't made until the 2g '01+ model year.

If you meant 4 door '97 than the blend doors should be fairly easy to access once you remove the lower dash panels.
Your right!!!!!!!
Its a 4door (not a 2door), V6, LX or XL!! Sorry for the confussion! I tryed hooking up a OBD II computer today to see if there were any body codes for this model, for some reason couldent connect ( line bussy)! Wonder if this might be related to the problem!

Doe's anyone have any links for the bottom dash removal? Are pictures?????

Quick Reply: 97 Stratus heat problem