Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Oil light comes on low rpm dodge stratus 2004

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Ajpyankee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Oil light comes on low rpm dodge stratus 2004

My 2004 Dodge Stratus cart, 4 doors engine 2.7 L V6 DHOC presents a problem turns on the light of the oil when, has travelled long distances or the engine is hot,at low revolutions i explained when i stop at a traffic light or parked. From what I have read on the internet. Perform change They said they had leak was damaged bone) and by 15 days the problem is not presented more i thought it had been resolved but surprise ... Started again a few days ago see with the people of Dodge Chrysler and they gave me no response only tell me that I must bring the cart and that they, likel Experts i was diagnosed with the problem. Now I have seen published a TSB of year 99 with a reference to this problem. My question is. If my vehicle does not have oil pressure problem in other words, it is not the pump that is damaged by replacing the oil sending unit and applying the TSB To replace the wire/terminal connector will solve my problem or is it that this is a factory defect of the Dodge engines and will continue to present this failure. Would somebody here let me lnow what i nedd to do please?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 PM
BillS
Captain

my '04 had the same problem,the oil light would only flicker at the light when i got off the interstate in the evening did it for over a year(i just put car in nuetral) til i traded in car. i don't think that tsb applies to your car, i would try replacing the oil sending unit anyway most likely problem if your pressure is ok.how many miles are on car? dodge did have a sludge problem on the 2.7, the 04 wasn't as bad as earlier models if it was maintained properly

Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Ajpyankee

My car only have 99k i bought it when has 61k from dealer i have changed oil on time a it was maintained properly

Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Ajpyankee

Today i replaced oil sending unit and terminal wire. We will see how it goes i let you knows

Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
SBdodge

Hello everyone new poster, frequent visitor. I have a 2004 Stratus DOHC 2.4L 4cylinder with 129K. My oil light had been going on/off in October last year. I replaced the sending unit and it had quit until just today. The last two days it now comes on when turning corners? Prior to changing the sending unit it would come on when braking. I am very particular when comes to car maintenance with my number one priority is change the oil every 3K or 3mos which ever comes first. This car for the last 3 1/2 yrs gets about 9-10K. Could it be the oil pump? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Oil light comes on low rpm dodge stratus 2004