Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2002 Stratus won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:41 PM
MandyGilliam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Stratus won't start

My 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0 V6 stalled out and cut off with me last Thursday. The mechanic replace the rotor button and cap b/c he said it was rusted. He also replaced all of my plugs. The front ones were covered in oil and fuel. The back ones were fine. He got it to finally run Thursday after a week and it blew alot of white smoke. He said there was a lil fuel dripping from the exhaust. When being easy on the throttle it would go but when he got on it, it would stall out. Friday it wouldn't start again. He is washing his hands of it b/c he doesn't know anything else to try. The car has spark, plenty of fuel pressure, my timing belt is good but it will not start. He thinks that it could have something to do with the mass air system but the computer will not give a code for anything. Any suggestions??

Old 04-08-2013, 07:09 AM
HaZal2d0uS
Amateur

Something that's a somewhat common problem is to have corrosion on your negative battery terminals, this'll make starting hard and sometimes impossible. Though I'm not sure this is your issue, it's a start.

I can't stress how important either a really reliable and trusted mechanic is or a dealership for maintenance.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:51 PM
MandyGilliam

Thank you. I will double check the battery but I actually just put a new battery in the car about 2 months ago.

Quick Reply: 2002 Stratus won't start