Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Wet floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM
NH R/T
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet floor

My front and rear carpets on drivers side are constantly soaked WTF is causing this?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
BillS
Captain

what kind of car year model, does it get wet when it rains do you have sunroof/ moon roof , or when you use air conditioner ,how's the door seals look

Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 AM
NH R/T
Amateur

sorry was in a hurry......... 2001 stratus r/t with sunroof(does not leak).Not from a/c or heater core. i heard something about drains for sunroof?bbut doesnt really make sense to me..i will check door seals. we had torrential rain 2 days ago 6"+ and carpets stayed dry ( car parked)

Old 09-14-2013, 03:45 PM
BillS
Captain

not to familiar with coupe think there's drains in the drivers front door pillar and drain holes underneath the fender behind the tire that can get clogged ,mentioned a/c because sedans had a problem with drain clogging up

Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
NH R/T
Amateur

I didnt realize the a/c had a drain how can i find it

Old 09-15-2013, 08:13 PM
BillS
Captain

not sure on exact location on coupe, you have to raise and support car on sedans its located underneath car behind engine on firewall , when I flushed mine used a broken piece of garden hose with a 3/8ths inch outer diameter think it was 2 foot long piece of gray plastic tubing from home depot plumbing dept. taped to end of cut hose . insert tubing into drain with water running as far as it will go in for a few seconds and remove

Old 09-16-2013, 04:48 PM
tomf2011

I have a 2002 Stratus R/T that had the same problem. It soaked both the front RH/LH side of the car. It also soak the amp under the seat which is NOW shot. Check your amp its under the passenger seat.

Anyway BillS is right, there are drains in the RH/LH front door pillars. That is your problem! They are real small and get clogged. Follow the groove on the roof above the doors down to the front windshield rigth by the pillars. There is a small hole there with a hose the goes down the inside of the pillar and drains under the car at the back of the front fenders.

I ran a small wire down the line and flushed it out with HOT water. The car is dry now but I don't have a stereo any more.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 PM
NH R/T
Amateur

thank you tom i will look there

Quick Reply: Wet floor