Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

abs retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Truethinker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs retrofit

Vehicle: 2002 dodge stratus coupe, 2.7L, A/T

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about retrofitting anti-lock brakes into my wifes stratus. She has 6 months of field-work for her masters degree starting in january and snow and ice are definite factors around here. The car isn't worth much but is worth a lot to us until she's out of school so I'd like to simply improve the car to make it safer and more usable for her. For example, I'll be retrofitting an OEM foglight bumper and headlight multi-function switch stalk from a car with factory foglights. Anyway, I just was looking for any information or advice from anyone with experience with this anti-lock brake system. I.E.: is it tied into a body control module or run through CAN bus? I know there are 4 wheel speed sensors and an anti-lock brake controller unit but will I need the body control module from the donor car?

Also, the example from above with the fog lights, are the foglight wires in the headlight control harness even when there are no foglights or is it a different harness all-together?

There is a u-pull-it salvage yard near me that has around 20 of this generation car so I'm expecting to find donor cars having what I need for very little money.

Thanks
Jesse

Quick Reply: abs retrofit