Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 Stratus R/T - No power, cant get in. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM
joenopski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 02 Stratus R/T - No power, cant get in. Help!

Hi,
I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T
I got my license suspended for a year and my car has been sitting.
Well now I have a major problem.
My battery is dead and I have wheel locks on my wheels so I cant just jump it from the outside. and guess where I have left my wheel lock.... in my glove box that I cant get to. I have automatic locks for the doors and the battery is so dead it wont open when i turn the key. I can however get into the trunk. I just dont know how to get the seats down from through the trunk. Any advice would be appreciated. I dont ahve money for a locksmith. Please help!

Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM
ModernDayCaesar
Rookie

Originally Posted by joenopski
..the battery is so dead it wont open when i turn the key.
Never heard that one before..

Old 12-09-2013, 12:03 AM
joenopski

They are battery powered automatic locks that's why. You need power to open the door. Whether it's with a key or not. It's been sitting about a year now the battery is completley drained.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 AM
BillS
Captain

you might be able to push the seats down from the trunk not sure if the R/T seats are same as sedan seats i would try pushing on the upper corners see if that helps, can you see the hood latch on front you might be able to get a screwdriver in there and manually open hood to get to battery

Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joenopski
Hi,
I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T
I got my license suspended for a year and my car has been sitting.
Well now I have a major problem.
My battery is dead and I have wheel locks on my wheels so I cant just jump it from the outside. and guess where I have left my wheel lock.... in my glove box that I cant get to. I have automatic locks for the doors and the battery is so dead it wont open when i turn the key. I can however get into the trunk. I just dont know how to get the seats down from through the trunk. Any advice would be appreciated. I dont ahve money for a locksmith. Please help!
Wow, this is one of the fishiest posts ive read in a long time.
Joined December 2013...
What do wheel locks on your wheels have to do with the price of tea in China? If you own this car and have ever popped the hood youd realize its impossible to access the battery even from a lift since it sits so close to the hood.
If you had a key, it would open the doors all day long, battery there or not.
You're not going to be able to enter the car from the trunk, sorry. If you were trapped inside it however, there should be a nice little green glow in the dark lever.

If you want to steal the wheels of this car, (which it sounds like) youre just going to have to do it the old fashion way.

Quick Reply: 02 Stratus R/T - No power, cant get in. Help!