Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 07:16 PM
pvr02
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Starter

I am looking to add a remote starter to my 2005 dodge stratus. I don't care about having an alarm attached to it (although having it wouldn't be horrible). I tried checking ebay and managed to find this one. It was the only one that says that it deals with the stratus in the listing.

Has anyone installed one of these onto their cars? If so, what did you get?

Any help on places to go to figure out what i'm going to need to tap into would also be helpful.

Old 10-11-2005, 07:35 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Remote Starter

sorry, but for 49 bucks, i wouldnt expect much out of it...

Old 10-11-2005, 10:02 PM
thump186
Record Breaker

depending on what key you have there is quite a few options. Try and stay away for the cheaper models such as bull dog python ect.... If you have the transponder key you will have to get a module to bypass the security. most units by dei are good units. I would recomend having someone install it they can be complicated to install and if you have problems the installers would be responsible.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:54 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

get the mopar accessory remote start module. Its a little pricey, but it covers all of your bases, the instructions are incredibly detailed. And its covered by your bumper-bumper 3 year 36000 mile warranty. You really can't go wrong.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 AM
frankie12
Veteran

do you have a link to get the mopar accessory remote start module?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say to go with Clifford or Viper. I had the Viper alarm and remote start, when I had my Intrepid. Worked great and I never had any problems with it. I highly recommend it. Viper also sells just a remote starter. Viper and Clifford are both made by "Directed Electronics, Inc".

Here is a LINK to the Viper remote starters. This is straight from the company. I've seen them for as low as $125.00 before. I sure you can get some for under that too.

Here is a review on one of the car alarm and remote starts:

DEI Viper 550 ESP Security & Remote Start System 553V Review
Car Alarms
Rating:RECOMMENDED
Review:Another CES Innovations Award-winner, DEI's (Directed Electronics, Inc) Viper 550 ESP provides the best of both worlds: security and a remote engine starter. Built into one unit, the Viper 550 ESP operates up to a full 1/4 mile away from its wireless remote control. This long-range operation feature is especially nice for use in extremely cold or hot climates to activate the heater or air conditioning. The Viper 550 ESP has some really unique features for a security system, including the ability to customize options to each customer's personal specifications with the use of DEI's award-winning Bitwriter programmer. And with Valet CarCom--another unique feature--you can access the Viper 550 ESP system from anywhere in the world through a toll-free telephone number to immobilize a stolen or car-jacked vehicle, remote start your engine, or provide access by unlocking doors. This is one of the most innovative systems on the market. The Viper is for use with vehicles that are equipped with an automatic transmission and electronic fuel injection or a diesel engine.

Warranty
1 years

Old 10-12-2005, 10:21 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

ORIGINAL: frankie12

do you have a link to get the mopar accessory remote start module?
Sorry, I just looked and aparantly Mopar doesn't offer one for the stratus, everything else but. [:@]

Quick Reply: Remote Starter