Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 dodge stratus gas gauge registers as empty but theres a half a tank in there

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 PM
blaze420711
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dodge stratus gas gauge registers as empty but theres a half a tank in there

hi. i have a 2000 dodge stratus 2.4L 4 cylinder. i brought the car in to a garage to get lower control arms on driver front side fixed. after i got car back i was driving around and about 2 weeks later the gas gauge started registering as empty but there was gas in the car. a few days ago i had 3 quarters of a tank of gas in car. now i probably have a little above a half in ther but it still registers as empty. every now and then it will slowly go up but stops at under a half and drops back down to registering as empty. and has been in the same spot for past 3 days. ive changed oil thinking that might help(cause i needed to change oil but still same) not sure whats wrong with it. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks in advanced

Quick Reply: 2000 dodge stratus gas gauge registers as empty but theres a half a tank in there