Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Fob programming troubles.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:54 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fob programming troubles.

2001 Stratus coupe 2.4l

First I have had this to the dealer who hooked up the typical programmer an could not get it to work. Told come back in a week an they shoukd hhave an answer. Well pulled up he hooked up this old programmer that looked nothing more than a pin grounder. Well after really looking into this thats exactly what it was. DEALER HAS CHECKED THE FOBS THEY ARE CORRECT ONES AN THEY DO TRANSMIT....

This is what I know so far.

1. Before programming, make sure the doors lock normally with the power lock switch on the drivers door and when the ignition key is used
2. Insert the ignition key in the ignition.
NOTE: DO NOT SWITCH THE IGNITION KEY ON.
3. Connect Break Out Box CH7002 to the 16-way data link connector.
4. Insert the ground wire from the break out box into cavity 1 of the break out box.
5. Press and hold the trigger button on the break out box to connect pin one to ground.
NOTE: THE TRIGGER MUST BE HELD FOR THE REMAINING STEPS.
6. Press the hazard warning switch 6 times (on/off - on/off - on/off) within 10 seconds.
NOTE: PROGRAMMING MODE WILL BE INDICATED BY THE DOORS AUTOMATICALLY LOCKING AND UNLOCKING ONCE.
7. Press the lock button on the transmitter 3 times within 10 seconds to program the transmitter. When the code has been accepted, the door locks will automatically lock and unlock once.
8. Program additional transmitters by repeating step 7 as necessary, waiting for code acceptance before programming the next transmitter.
9. Programming mode will be cancelled under the following conditions:
^ When one minute has passed since the programming mode was started.
^ When the ground trigger on the break out box is released.
^ When the ignition key is removed from the ignition.
^ When the codes for four transmitters have been programmed

Nothing more than closing door jump pin 1 to 4 ( or to ground) push flashers 6 times in 10 sec, doors will lock unlock. Press door lock 3 times on your fob.
Cool right? Well no.... I had it all hooked up with a toggle switch to ground 1 to 4 when needed. I get no dash light when grounded, press flashers 6 times 10 times 20 times nothing.

So now what? Dealer suggested taking it to mitsubishi dealer or schedual a appointment to have them check out the door lock receiver box thing.

I kinda know what they are talking about been awhile since I even had to think of one. Where is it located on these cars? I just goto pick a part get one for $10 I know where there is a exact model at so it would need to be fast before they scrap it. An is there anything special I need to do? Or we just plug an go with this box?

Kinda not to happy with this car so far. Had to fix sunroof already an wow let me tell ya that really can end up being a pain an it has a rattle underneath but have that located. An now this fob problem.

Quick Reply: Fob programming troubles.