Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

aftermarket install

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:17 AM
Bren90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket install

I have a 2006 stratus sxt. Decided that I'm not pleased with the speakers that came with the car. I would love to put new infinity speakers in, problem I'm running into is that the rear speakers hit the back cover and now I'm sure will need to be cut to fit but the door speakers will also hit the door panel (these speakers have the tweaters in the center and that's what's hitting.) Any suggestions on what I can do to make these work?? Driving me nuts at the moment BC they sound awesome until u turn it up to a certain point and then everything rattles....
On a side note, the stereo is next in being replaced, does only a single DIN fit?

Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are spacer plates that can be bought at stereo stores that lift the speaker a little so the magnet won't hit anything. This solves the problem for the back. If it is the front your worried about then you may have to go with no grill plate or get one made to protect the speaker.

Quick Reply: aftermarket install