Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

effeciency/power

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:40 AM
longislandboi85
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: effeciency/power

being the gear head that i am today i did a little bit of investigation. First i would like to say that this car is a 2002 stratus se+ 2.4 dohc w/auto tranny. It has 39,800 miles on it.

My investigation turned up the following.

1. The air filter looked like it hadnt been changed in about 4 years. Also there was alot of dirt, leaves & only god know's what else inside the airbox & on the filter it's self. After cleaning that out with some shop air. I changed the air fillter & put in an stp air filter

2. Who ever put the spark plugs in last must have been related to a gorrilla. I had to use my 4 foot 1/2" drive breaker bar just to loosen them up. Once i got them out they looked absolutly disgusting, covered in carbon & oil. It was nasty. So i cleaned them. Yes i cleaned them. At school we have a aviation spark plug cleaning machine, works quite well on automobile type plugs as well. Once they where all nice and shinny I put those back in, and didnt gorrilla them in either. Im probably gonna change them when the new plug wires come in.

3. I was looking at the plug wires & the plug wire leading to cylinder 1 looked a little funny. So i lined it up with the plug from cylinder #2. Cylinder 1's plug was about 1/2" to 6/8" shorter than the rest of the plug wires. I dont think this is good, So i ordered oem plug wires from autozone.

And thats all I have to say about that for now atleast.

Moving on to more relevant subjects why does my car have 2 muffler's, and no resonator's?
If i removed the first "muffler" would that give me anything more performance wise?
And what size exhaust can i upgrade to over stock size before I lose power?