Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Charging issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging issue.

2005 Dodge Stratus.
2.4 liter.
automatic transmission.

I get a call from my daughter, stranded in her friends car.
Battery extremely low, alternator not functioning. Tester at zone and oriellys both say regulator failure. Battery and check engine light on. When the alternator quit charging it also set codes for O2 heaters high at the exact same time. New alternator installed, no charge. Bench test on original alternator shows good. tested several times to be sure. Battery tests bad, installed new battery. I can find no fault in wiring or pdc. I'm thinking PCM is failed what with multiple codes than return instantly when started and charging system info. I noticed another story saying a ground in harness was open, where and how was this found? Does anyone have a schematic showing wiring from alternator to the pcm? I'd like to verify connection before condemning the Pcm. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:41 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does the car look like this one

Or this one:

Old 06-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its the sedan. 4 door.

Its the first car. I've discovered somewhere between the C111 connector near the master cylinder and the G103 ground there is an open circuit. I supplemented a ground from the G103 ground to the engine side of C111 and the alternator and O2 heaters came back online and codes went away. Now the problem is there's also a code for tranmission that wasn't there before and betting money is another ground issue. I don't have codes for trans issue pulled yet.

Quick Reply: Charging issue.