Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 Stratus Coupe - Rear light conversion (EU-specs) - Sebring-Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Wolfgang R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2004 Stratus Coupe - Rear light conversion (EU-specs) - Sebring-Parts?

Hi guys,

First I would like to introduce myself: My name is Wolfgang, I am 32 years old.

I currently live in southern Germany, Stuttgart area.

My mother in law is about to sell her house back in the US and she wants to bring her 2004 Dodge Stratus Coupe with her to Germany.

This car has never been sold in Germany so there are no parts that actually fit to the EU-specs.

Biggest Problem: The rear lights. The 2004 Stratus coupe has – like most US-cars – red blinkers. This is an absolute no-go for Germany.

I found out, that the 2004 Sebring Coupe is very similar but not completely identical to the Stratus.

It looks like the EU-spec rear light of a Sebring Coupe would fit into a Status with little or no modifications.

Maybe the whole rear bumper would have to be replaced by a Sebring rear bumper?
Maybe only the part of Stratus bumper, that actually is “covering” the rear light needs to but cut off on both sides of the bumper (See the attachments to follow my thoughts)?

I’m looking for a low-budged conversion, so if Sebring rear lights with Sebring bumper on a Stratus works – it would be OK for me.

Thank you for any advice,

Wolfgang

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Stratus Coupe - Rear light conversion (EU-specs) - Sebring-Parts?-stratus.jpg   2004 Stratus Coupe - Rear light conversion (EU-specs) - Sebring-Parts?-sebring.jpg  
Old 09-03-2015, 11:29 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

She has probably the worst car to try to convert since there are ZERO aftermarket tail lights for the Stratus Coupes. I want to say years ago I saw a 01/02 Stratus Coupe with an amber turn signal from over seas. Grainy picture though.

Can the lense be red, but allow the bulb itself to be amber?
Watch this video :

The Stratus tails are interchangeable, but youd have to change the bumper and possibly the trunk lid as well.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Wolfgang R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi pearl01stratcpe,

Wow, cool, amber turn signal on a Stratus. This is just what I need

I guess you need a strong amber LED as replacement for the existing red light bulb, this willprobably work: http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-Amber-Gelb-BAU15S-1156-PY21W-36-LED-Lampe-Ruecklicht-Blinklicht-Leucht-Birne-/231591163867

We'll try as soon the Stratus is in good old Germany

Old 09-04-2015, 10:05 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats what I would do, really bright LED amber bulbs. Probably the easiest, cheapest solution if it will pass inspection. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: 2004 Stratus Coupe - Rear light conversion (EU-specs) - Sebring-Parts?