Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Exhaust Manifold/CAT

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 01:20 PM
midnightdweller1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Manifold/CAT

Hello,

I am writing looking for incite on repairing my vehicle's exhaust manifold/CAT gasket. My 2000 Dodge Stratus SE currently has 162,156 miles on it and it equipped with a 2.4L (4-cylinder) engine.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed excess noise in the front half of my car's exhaust system. Since, especially after the recent snow, the exhaust noise has become even louder, especially during start-up. When driving on the highway, the noise isn't as loud.

I have come to the conclusion after inspection that the gasket in between the exhaust manifold and CAT needs to be replaced. The problem I have run into is that the studs in the exhaust manifold, which attaches to the CAT, are no longer threaded due to deterioration of the studs. I've been giving different answers by those at my local auto parts stores but are the studs on this vehicle replaceable? Any advice anyone can provide will be most welcomed.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Manifold/CAT