Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Evap problems/ Idling rough

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 01:36 AM
lainemac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap problems/ Idling rough

So I got the p0455 code which doesn't really tell you anything. I had already replaced the gas cap a month before so I took my 2003 Stratus Coupe(2.4l SXT) in for a smoke test and they said that it was my vent canister and it might be my purge canister as well. They want to charge me $500 to replace the former so I decided to pass because that seemed fishy to me. So I filled up with gas a few days later and could not get the car to stay on after starting. I figured it was my purge canister because the same thing would happen to my mom's santa fe and replacing this part solved the problem. So I purchased a new canister for my car but I cannot seem to find the location of the part. Am I just blind? On top of all of that, the car has started idling rough as well. From what I've read online(since I'm new to working on my own cars) is that the EGR valve can cause the rough idling and the evap code. But I've also read that this car does not have one, even though I've seen it listed on part websites for my specific car. Can someone please help me out? Does my car not have a purge canister or an EGR valve? Or if they are there can someone help me find them? Thank you in advanced.

Quick Reply: Evap problems/ Idling rough