Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Code 340

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Taziac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 340

My 06 Stratus shows the code 340, I know this is the camshaft position sensor. The car sputters at 2200 rpm, but here's where it gets weird. The other day I was doing some fuse box work and I accidentally blew the radio fuse, the car ran perfectly. The car did not sputter once on the way to the store to buy a new fuse. After putting the new fuse in, the car now sputters at 2200 RPM again. To check if it was a coincidence I pulled the fuse and drove the car again, it drives beautifully. I put the fuse back in, and drove the car again, it now sputters again at 2200 RPM. I have always worked on my own cars, but, I have never seen this. Why 2200 rpm, and why only with the radio fuse pulled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:58 PM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no real idea only thing I can think of is sensor is on same circuit as radio ,with fuse gone computer runs without input from that sensor this post might help explain it a little https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-s...need-help.html also try searching camshaft sensor unhooked or camshaft sensor unplugged

Last edited by BillS; 09-21-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Code 340