Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Question About 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 03:56 AM
Mark Barroso
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe Rear Bumper

Hello Dodge Forums,
I need to replace the rear bumper cover of a 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe (2-Door) and I've only been able to find the front bumper cover on Ebay, Amazon, this website, and at junkyards/autobody parts stores. There are plenty of rear bumper covers for the 2003 Dodge Stratus Sedan but not the Coupe. My two questions are:

1. Do I absolutely have to buy the rear bumper cover for the 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe for a mechanic to replace my current rear bumper cover? Or will a sedan rear cover fit as well? (I'm assuming I'll have to get the Coupe rear cover)

2. Does anyone know any other model rear bumper cover that would be compatible such as the 2002 R/E Stratus Coupe? I know many of the 2003 Stratus SXT Coupe parts are modeled after the Mitsubishi Eclipse so would getting an Eclipse Rear Bumper Cover work?

Thank you.
-Mark

Old 12-30-2016, 01:46 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No sedan parts are compatible whether they be mechanical or body.

Mechanically the Eclipse and Stratus Coupe are the same. The only body parts that will match up are the doors, side mirrors and some of the interior. You have very few options when needing to replace bumper covers.

Dont quote me on this, but I want to say if you get the 01/02 tail lights you can use the 01/02 rear bumper cover.