Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

srs light always on

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:15 PM
gmackner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srs light always on

97 stratus 2.4 automatic
My srs light stays on always.
I did some searching on these forums about this and have some direction but nothing i have tried has helped.
I pulled both battery cables off for an hour , no change all fuses good and reseated

It doesn't seem to be any seat sensors, please correct me if i'm wrong.
anything i can check. I understand the clock spring is involved but from what i read, your horn usually doesn't work. My horn works and there are not any sounds coming from the steering wheel when i turn it lock to lock.

All so my gauges stopped working. At first the would only after the engine ran for 5 minutes. The odometer would start flickering to life and then the other figures would slowly start working. This all happened 6 months before my srs light stayed on. Now since the srs light started staying on none of the gauges work. My thinking make me think the problem is under the hood as the Gauges work after the engine heats up everything under the hood.

I have pulled the gauge package to flash the connections hopefully this will correct the srs light.