Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2.7 R/T sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:55 AM
SedanRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2.7 R/T sedan?

I purchased a car a few months ago; a 2004 dodge stratus r/t. This particular car has a 2.7 and happens to be a sedan. This got me thinking a bit, but this car has black leather and a power sunroof. I've never seen one like it nor can I find any info online about a 2.7, sedan R/T. Are these cars rare, or fakes? I have a hard time finding others like it for sale as well. Any info would be great! If they happen to be rare, does anyone know how many like this were produced?

Attached Thumbnails 2.7 R/T sedan?-screenshot_2017-03-31-02-36-21-1.png  
Old 03-31-2017, 08:03 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts
Old 03-31-2017, 12:27 PM
SedanRT

I'm not sure how that link shows it isn't. All it does is show the options. It did, however, show 24 were for sale, so I checked it out. Not one listing was a 4 door sedan with the r/t package. I have yet to find another on any Craigslist ad as well. I could be wrong, but I just don't see these things anywhere. All I find are SE and SXT models for the sedan, and the only R/Ts I seem to find are coupes. A link for production numbers would be perfect to close the case.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:07 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Now if you can find a 3.0L coupe R/T. Man, that's a fun car to drive!

That sedan should have been labeled a SPORT IMO

Old 03-31-2017, 02:44 PM
SedanRT

I had a sxt as my first car, and it was a blast to drive! Having 4 doors is convenient, though. I'd just never seen another r/t sedan around, but I do have to agree that it should have been called a sport. They don't pack enough under the hood to be considered r/t material imo, lol.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:27 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They were made from 01-06. It was mostly an appearance package, with the addition of a manual option.
I don't think very many RT sedans were made in total, and they are getting hard to find.
Outside the US, the RT sedan was using the 2.4L Turbo, which gave it more than the 3.0 RT coupes.

The 2.7 makes the same power as the 3.0 in the coupes, it just makes it higher in the revs. The 2.7L takes very well to basic mods like intake and exhaust to really open it up. When paired with the manual where you can control the revs more, they are very quick to drive, I would say more-so than the 3.0 coupes, given their rev-happy nature.