Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 Coupe Rear Suspension Alignment Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 AM
mylastcar
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Coupe Rear Suspension Alignment Problems

took my car to alignment shop , bought new tires and had a as the bill called it a "4 wheel alignment ". 1300 miles later, noticed a road noise in the rear... pulled rear tires to check bearings and noticed the inner edges of the tires were badly worn. couldn't find any loose suspension parts, shop said it was in spec but now with a level and comparing to the front camber angle the rear was in at the top by about a 1/2 inch. did some suspension part wear out that quick? car has 150,000 ... should i pull all the control arms out ? is there any certain part that needs looked at?

Old 04-28-2017, 06:22 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The coupe always seemed to have a little negative camber in the rear. If the springs are still in good shape and the shock absorbers arent old, you can put a camber kit on to kick the top out. Longer bolts and washers stacked did the trick for me for many years and a lot of miles.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:24 AM
mylastcar
Amateur

thanks for the reply, i found those shim kits ..... i'll use a caster camber gauge from my stockcar tool box and get the alignment adjusted and also pull a string down the side of the car and check toe front and rear

Old 08-01-2018, 12:10 PM
mylastcar
Amateur

now i have to replace rear suspension parts..... rear tires are wearing again on the inside .
is there a particular part that is causing this?
i can't find a decent and complete rear suspension kit