Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge Stratus Stealth Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 03:04 AM
Jon McNew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Stratus Stealth Motor

SO... i have had this idea that the dodge stealth motor that had the DOHC and twin turbo could possibly fit inside the dodge stratus... since it is the same platform... but when i looked up some stuff i couldn't really find anything that said there was a way to do it. Most places said you can only really put one turbo on the stratus. But what about swapping the heads... will atleast that work?

Old 07-07-2017, 08:20 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

No, I don't think so. The stratus is built on a different platform (ST-22; Sebring, Stratus, Eclipse, 2000-2005) than the stealth. The stealth platform, (Z11A, Z15AM, Z15A, Z16A, 1991-1996) is equal to the 3000GT. That being said, with enough time, money, tools and fabrication skills, anything can be done.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 PM
SST97
Amateur

I'm starting to look in to this. I'm wondering what all would have to be done in order to put the complete turbo system into the stratus, if I bought a junkyard stealth or 3000. Of I have to fab some stuff, including modifying the hood, then so be it.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The width of the DOHC engine becomes a problem very quickly, especially with a turbo on each bank.
It is much wider than the SOHC which powers your Stratus.
Width is the reason I backed out on putting a 6G75 Mivec in my van. It required too much cutting of the chassis to make it fit.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Jon McNew
Default Well then

But the stealth motor is built using the same block right? so the heads will possibly at least swap onto the motor with a little fab work on the firewalls maybe?
\

Old 07-17-2017, 07:10 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon McNew
But the stealth motor is built using the same block right? so the heads will possibly at least swap onto the motor with a little fab work on the firewalls maybe?
\
Same block mostly.
The timing setup on the DOHC is different from the SOHC, so the heads can not be interchanged.
What is the reason behind wanting to do this swap?
If it's power, a 6G74 or 6G75 swap is a much more viable option, or you can boost your SOHC.