Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 Stratus Sedan 135k miles Possible BCM issue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:14 PM
teraldo79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 Stratus Sedan 135k miles Possible BCM issue?

I am getting some weird gremlin type issues with my Stratus sedan. It started a few weeks ago, as i went on a short drive(less than 5 miles) and had to use the intermittent wipers, and the defroster at the same time. but every time the wipers would go, the air position would go to the foot well, and i would have to position the **** on the dash to feet and back to defroster in order to have it blow air on the windshield. that lasted until i had to pull over because i couldnt see through the foggy windows and shut off the car, then restarted it. Issue stopped, I figured it was the last problem i would have.
then this weekend. the car decided to blow only cold air, after about 10 minutes of driving. the wipers were on intermittent again, and when i turned them off, it seemed to fix it. However, the issue came back today, on my way home from work, and this time the wipers weren't on.
I am thinking it is a Body Control Module (BCM) issue, since that is the only thing i can think is in common between the heater and wipers but i really dont know a way to test it.
I am hoping to get some kind of confirmation before i swap it out, so here is my question...
How would i test a BCM?

Old 01-04-2018, 08:24 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Check all the grounds. Whats the battery condition? Weak batteries cause all kinds of issues.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 PM
teraldo79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battery and everything else on the car is in great condition for its age, but it is a 2001.
Probably going to try cleaning the contacts on the BCM with a stainless steel brush this weekend, and inspecting all the connections. Hopefully they are just a bit dirty and that is causing this issue.
but i am worried because it seems that the actuators are changing on their own more frequently when i hit a speed bump, or a pothole. this leads me to think that the connections are crazy loose and i need to re-wire them.

wish me luck

Quick Reply: 01 Stratus Sedan 135k miles Possible BCM issue?