Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

no work fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
plymouthy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no work fuel pump

Hi guys,

So I've got this 1998 Plymouth Breeze (2.4L auto). The fuel pump only runs if I run a jumper wire between wire terminals 30 and 87 on the PDC under the hood. So, the pump doesn't run when I turn the key on, which so many other cars I've come across in my life usually do. Turn the key, pump comes on for 2 seconds no matter what to build up initial pressure to start the car, and vroom.

I know the relay is good because I swapped it with another identical known-good relay. I think what is happening is that the fuel pump relay control module is failing to ground the relay when I turn the key like its supposed to. At least that's my thought. I believe it is terminal 86 that should get grounded to energize the relay. I do not get continuity to ground on that terminal when I turn the key on.

I guess these are my actual questions:

Is there a separate fuel pump relay control module on this car? I found a wiring diagram on the internet that makes it look like there is, or is it part of another control module? Where is it?

The pump should run for two seconds after the key is turned on every time, no?

Am I right in thinking some control module somewhere should ground terminal 86 to energize the fuel pump relay?

Thanks for reading

plymouthy

Quick Reply: no work fuel pump