Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

undercarriage exhaust heat shield broke off-2002 stratus 4 cyl

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Dawna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default undercarriage exhaust heat shield broke off-2002 stratus 4 cyl

Hello, We took our car to have some work done with the cat converter to our mechanic on our 2002 4 door 2.4 x dodge stratus. We drove one day and it was fine but on the way back last night, we heard a sort of clunk and some noise.

Today we took it for a drive, parked and found the undercarriage heat shield had fallen off under the vehicle. We are still trying to reach our mechanic but from [tons and tons of] past experience, it will be some days before he can do anything or respond. I drive about 12 miles to get my husband at work and am nervous to drive this for the next few days. The car is low. Would I be ok until this weekend for this and is it better to do 15 min on thruway or 25 min going 30 mph on the city roads. He gets out at 11 pm so not a lot of traffic. Help please. TY.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:38 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I no longer have my stratus, but the heat shield on my catalytic converter fell off and I drove without it for years. My car was 2" lower than stock too.

Quick Reply: undercarriage exhaust heat shield broke off-2002 stratus 4 cyl