Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2005 Stratus SXT Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:19 PM
melodytoinvent
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Stratus SXT Special Edition

My girlfriend recently got this in what so far seems like a pretty decent trade for her GMC Sierra. I really just have a few questions like any common problems for these? The PO very recently redid the front end (just needs an alignment), it is probably like 99% rust free (and that's for a Michigan car), no CEL, no funny smells or sounds...it seems like the PO took care of this thing and he is an old family friend of theirs and if I'm being honest, he's getting the short straw even though this car wasn't his DD and he just plans on throwing a lift, tires, whatnot on the dented and slowly rusting out Sierra lol.

Other than that, it has the AM/FM radio with tape player and 6 disc changer and as far as I can tell, no "special" sound system (like Infinity in the 01 Durango she drove years ago) but it definitely sounds good still but I'm somewhat of an audiophile and am ready to throw my own aftermarket stuff in but...I already have a few dash kits that I know would fit and maybe the right wiring harness or two but is there any kit to replace the 6 disc changer too cause I just have for the radio itself and since there's not much room or spaces to put things in this car, it would be nice to free up a little more since we won't be using the changer anyway...or just anything else I need to know about the radio wiring or anything? Also, she would like to keep the steering wheel controls and from the little bit of research I've done that shouldn't be a problem but in all my years of installing radios and whatnot just cause I like to, I've never actually dealt with that part lol. Seems simple enough but I always like to double check things first and that's why I like this forum.

Also what is so Special Edition about this thing? And no,the badges on the doors aren't some bought from Wal-Mart or the parts store that somebody slapped on lol.

Quick Reply: 2005 Stratus SXT Special Edition