Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Dodge Stratus Flashing light and cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Bob Harvey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2000 Dodge Stratus Flashing light and cutting out

Ok, I have a 2000 dodge stratus 2.4 liter with 113k miles on it. I have a problem with the car randomly stalling at both stoplights and highway speeds. Up until a few weeks ago the car has always started back up after the stall and I was able to continue to my destination. 2 weeks ago on the way to work it stalled and would not restart. Had it towed home and after a couple of hours it started up just fine. I had a check engine light and it had multiple codes including P0300, P0340, P1391, P0301, P0303, P0304 and another P0300. I replaced the cam position sensor and checked the wiring from the sensor to the computer. Wiring at the connection was dirty with oil so I cleaned it up. I cleared the codes and test drove it. Everything was fine. Next day on the way to work car stalled again and would not restart. No check engine light this time. I left it there, ubered to work and came back to get it later in the day. I got it started and headed home where it died and restarted a couple of times, still no light. I got a fuel pressure gauge and hooked it up. Fuel pressure when running was at 52psi and was stable at idle and while driving. Seemed to hold the pressure pretty well after the car shut off. I also replaced the gas cap because the old one was crap and all rattley. I have only used it for short trips here and there for the past week with no issues. Took it for an extended test drive yesterday on the highway and the check engine like blinked at me 5 times and then shut off. No noticeable change in performance. Brought it home and pulled codes. P0300, p0301, p0302, p0303, p0304. I would love the keep this car for a while but I don't want to throw parts at it chasing this problem and I don't really want to put a new cat on it either. Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:40 AM
Boak_on_wheels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had this problem with mine, but mine came up with all o2 sensor codes and the crank sensor code, so what I did was clean the egr valve which fixed the o2 codes but I couldn't figure out the crank position sensor code.

ATTENTION: I AM LOOKING FOR A 2000 DODGE STRATUS SE BLACK 2.4L WITH THE VIN:
1B3EJ46X0YN306985 PLEASE HELP ME FIND TGIS VEHICLE. IF YOU FIND IT OR HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT MJBOAK04@GMAIL.COM THANK YOU IT WOULD MEAN ALOT.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Stratus Flashing light and cutting out