2002 Dodge Stratus Stalling at Idle (p0302, p0505) - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stratus
Reload this Page >

2002 Dodge Stratus Stalling at Idle (p0302, p0505)

Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2002 Dodge Stratus Stalling at Idle (p0302, p0505)

Old 11-01-2018, 11:01 PM
nym0131x
Default 2002 Dodge Stratus Stalling at Idle (p0302, p0505)

So Iíve been having issues where if I donít warm up the car after a full night of being off, it would drop the RPMs almost all the way down to 0 when I push the clutch in or go to neutral. I started letting the car warm up and allowing the idle to settle to around 1000RPM (and the engine temperature gauge above the low marker), and the car seemed to be running fine. I drove the car about 40 miles and when I got to a light, the RPMs dropped pretty low and looked like it was struggling to maintain idle speed. Eventually it stalled at the light or at the next light. I just replaced the idle air control valve today and drove the car about 40 miles again and I started having the same issue.

Just now when I got back home, the idle dropped lower than usual at a light and looked like it was about to stall. When I took off, the check engine light came on. Three codes were stored: p0302, p0505, p0302.

The car accelerates fine, and does not seem to have any symptoms when I am actually driving it. The only issues at at idle. Any suggestions on what to do next?

The car is a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0L 5spd manual.

Last edited by nym0131x; 11-01-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added CEL codes to title

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Stratus Stalling at Idle (p0302, p0505)

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: