Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stalling/dying/choking

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Lori Erickson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling/dying/choking

My car (05 Dodge Stratus 2.4L) began choking on me while accelerating. Usually it happened at low speeds or after I hit 60mph. The car threw a crankshaft position sensor code, so I had it replaced. After that it started stalling again while accelerating. The tech who replaced the sensor had forgotten to replace a hose coming off the air box so I got a vacuum leak code and put it back together. Then it threw a IAC code so I replaced that. Then it worked great for about 3 days and went right back to stalling on acceleration and began dying while idling. At this point I got a code for the purge flow canister so I replaced that. It went great for a couple days and now it's right back to stalling. It threw a misfire code and I had a bad spark plug so we replaced all 4 plugs. We've inspected all the hoses for cracks or breaks that would cause a vacuum leak and it all looks solid. It's still stalling on acceleration and dying while idling. I also ran fuel injector cleaner.

Codes I've gotten
P0507
P0456
P0457
P0339
P0335
P0300

Any ideas on what I should try next?

Last edited by Lori Erickson; 05-05-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Forgot year

Quick Reply: Stalling/dying/choking