Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

P0700/p0750?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 09:05 PM
pershingd
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default P0700/p0750?

Evening everyone,

I've got an issue with a PT Cruiser and am really hoping that someone here might be able to help since the drivetrain is shared with the Stratus...

My son and I rebuilt the 2.4L in his PT and just got it back on the road today. We weren't too far into the test drive when the MIL lit up and sent the transmission into limp mode. We limped back home and pulled P0700 & P0750 codes that point to the solenoid pack (as far as I can tell). Prior to the rebuild, he was not having issues with the transmission, just the engine. After we got the drivetrain installed, we dropped the transmission pan to clean it, replace the filter, and refilled with ATF +4.

What information I can find on this issue is a failure in the solenoid pack, but I don't like throwing parts at things until I'm reasonably confident the they will fix the issue. Is there someplace else I should be looking first?

Honestly, I sort of expected some issues with the transmission after it sat for several months in the garage while we worked on the engine. I can play with engines all day long, but I'm not as knowledgeable about transmissions.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: P0700/p0750?