Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

System Install Help and Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Jrseykid686
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Install Help and Fog Lights

I just bought an R/T on friday, and i want to put in my subs, where do i run the power wire?? I can not find anyplace in the firewall.... Also my fog lights do not work. the fuses are not blown, neither are the bulbs... any suggestions on how to fix it?? Please help me.... overall i LOVE my car

[IMG]local://upfiles/28429/E91E9DF7D76340AB9A19694132E97A8B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2006, 09:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: System Install Help and Fog Lights

if you want to run the wire the right way, you have to remove the LF fender, and run it with the body harness through the frame. as for the fog lights, i have no idea...did you buy it from a dealership?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Jrseykid686
Professional

i did buy it at a dealer... also, what is the wrong way for wiring it. lol, i am not about to take off the fender for the power wire.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

the wrong way isnt really wrong, just ghetto...you can drill a hole in the firewall...what size wire are you going with? i have 4 gauge, and while there are some small holes in the firewall, neither 4, nor 8 gauge wires would fit...i ran mine down behidn the headlight, under the fender, through the body harness grommet, then under the door sill plate, under the back seat, and into the trunk. i guess that you could run the wire back to the firewall, then along it to one of the holes, then through the underside of the dash somewhere, then under the door sill...and so on.

you bought it at a dealership a few days ago, take it back and BITCH about them not working before you touch ANYTHING electronic. because if you run that power line,and they see it, they are going to say "they worked when you left, whoever ran that power line made it not work"..i worked at a dealership

Old 01-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Jrseykid686
Professional

its a 4 gauge wire, where should i drill the hole in the firewall?? I already tried going back... i'll try again, thanks!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:07 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

drilling holes in the firewall is just asking for problems of some sort...

and dont TRY going back..DO go back, and if they so much as argue, ask for the corporate number.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Jrseykid686
Professional

Yea, i get what i want, lol... i sued the other dealer that sold me an explorer with "new brakes" that actually didnt have new brakes... and i went back today, the are fixing the fogs on friday. As for the power wire, can you be a little more specific on how you ran your wire? i know i dont wanna drill a hole in the firewall, but i dont want to take off the fender either.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 PM
whiteout

You actually don't have to pull off the entire fender to run the power wire thru the stock harness hole that is under the fender, you can do it by taking out the inner fenderwell liner and you be able to see where it goes. If you want to drill the firewall, you'll have to do it down underneath the power brake booster, just be VERY careful, you'll have to drill from inside the car under the dash, and a few people have actually drilled into their booster accidentally. If you look under the dash, you'll see that on the firewall insulation pad, there is a spot that a little circular peice of it can be removed, and that is the place to drill thru. If you want to run any wire bigger than an 8 gauge, you'll have to drill, it won't fit thru the stock boot if it's too big of a wire

Old 01-25-2006, 08:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i tried and tried to run it without pulling the fender..and just gave up and pullled the fender.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:04 AM
Jrseykid686
Professional

Thanks guys, i talked to the installer at work, i work at Circuit City, and he's done the stratus before, he told me its easiest to drill and put in a plug when im done, i think he's going to do it for me, i dont feel comfortable.... im known for saying "oops" when im workin on stuff... hehe

Quick Reply: System Install Help and Fog Lights