Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 Stratus R/T Creaking from Front End

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
jgdiablo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Stratus R/T Creaking from Front End

Hi folks! Perhaps you can help.

I have a 2001 Stratus R/T 3.0L V6. I hear creaking type sounds from the front left area of the car when initially accelerating. I just had my suspension replaced, but the sound is still there. I've read various posts, but can't seem to pin point the possibilities. The repair shop is having a tough time with this too. I'd like to get input from here and see if that will help get to the root cause.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:43 PM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: 2001 Stratus R/T Creaking from Front End

Have you looked at your motor mounts? Seems to be a very common problem with the Mitsu. engine/chassis design.

Vince

Old 02-21-2006, 11:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine did the same thing, and i bought motor mounts from deyeme racing..when i took my front mount it, it literally fell apart. my trans mount is still noisy, but its a pain in the *** to replace, and as long as its warm out, it doesnt do it...the deyeme mounts are full replacements, not inserts, and they put more power to the ground as they allow VERY little engine movement,.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
jgdiablo

Can anyone help with the best way to replace the mounts, where they're located, etc?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
nitefallz

Any suggestions on this? Seems like I might have the same problem.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
RooK
Rookie

Motor mounts. I've already been there and done that. I bought Prothane inserts for $69 from Summit and have been slowly replacing them myself. The accessory mount was the offending party in my case, it's been fine ever since. I have no squeaks, even in some of 10* weather we had a week ago.

To replace the accessory mount, you'll need to jack the engine up with a jack under the oil pan (piece of wood between). Involved 3 bolts for the mount, 1 thru bolt, and small support bar that has two bolts. To replace the front mount, you'll need to take out the center support (4 bolts) and the thru bolt. Then remove the two bolts for the mount. I haven't done the other two, but the transmission will require the center support out, then you have to unbolt and lower the tranny much like you lifted the engine for the accessory mount. The rear mount is in the tight place, best to go at it from the bottom I've heard.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
alexykysil230

I am having the exact same problem with my GF's front engine mount... does anybody know where i can buy the part for replacement other then a dealership... i would greatly apreciate it. Here is the mount i'm talking about.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...inepartpic.jpg

Last edited by alexykysil230; 10-01-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alexykysil230
I am having the exact same problem with my GF's front engine mount... does anybody know where i can buy the part for replacement other then a dealership... i would greatly apreciate it. Here is the mount i'm talking about.
You might have a hard time finding the complete mount for a reasonable price. If you want a good fix for less than $100, you can put all new inserts in the current mounts. A press is ideal, but you can cut them out too. Search for Deyeme racing or Prothane motor mount inserts. And so you know, cross reference it with the same year Mitsubishi Eclipse with the 3.0 V6. Same exact thing. Too often I see people requests Stratus parts, and get a part for the sedan which will never work.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 PM
alexykysil230

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
You might have a hard time finding the complete mount for a reasonable price. If you want a good fix for less than $100, you can put all new inserts in the current mounts. A press is ideal, but you can cut them out too. Search for Deyeme racing or Prothane motor mount inserts. And so you know, cross reference it with the same year Mitsubishi Eclipse with the 3.0 V6. Same exact thing. Too often I see people requests Stratus parts, and get a part for the sedan which will never work.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/13-509/10002/-1

would this be it? or this one

http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/13-507/10002/-1

Last edited by alexykysil230; 10-03-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If its the motor mount and not the trans mount (There are 3 that connect to the trans and one to the engine itself) then that is it. The hard part is getting the old insert out. Putting the new one in takes 5 seconds literally.

Quick Reply: 2001 Stratus R/T Creaking from Front End